20 years old. Going through life with the Lord. Struggles and Joys written.

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Evangelizing in a society like KOREA

The thoughts/ questions I have while going past Korea on my trip to London.
(WARNING I am sorry for stereotyping people but this is how I saw things were for Koreans in Korea).

Firstly I feel like a foreigner in my own country.... I just don't want to conform to the way their society thinks and behaves but they influence me in someway even though I am here for a very short time.

1. The OUTSIDE (outer shell) means EVERYTHING to them.

I think the core values of mostly every Korean in Korea is to do with how good it's going to look compared to someone else, or if other people look at them.
I've always had a negative image of Koreans (IN Korea or very KOREANY) because they aren't positive people. I was talking to my stepsister (In Korea) about what her plans next year and like what she wanted to do... but she didn't know (which is normal) but the thing that I didn't get was that she couldn't really decide or know what she liked because it's all about money, appearance and materialistic things here.

2. Korea is just BUSY and STRESSFUL.
It's a fast paced country, I'm finding it a bit overwhelming sometimes but you have to just let it past, but have you ever seen ahjumas and grandmas RUN for the metro before? I have haha
The first day I was in Korea is like the perfect example of what Korea is like for those of you who have never been! I was trying to get on the bus and I was trying to find my card and it must have been 5 seconds but the bus driver yelled at me and was like "MISS CAN YOU DO THAT ON THE BUS." Sums up Korea.

My questions is.... How do we evangelize/ get through to others who are brought up in such a shallow/narrow minded society (?)
Idk if this is making sense, but like I know .. it's not in our power to SAVE people at all!
But my Goliath is my non christian family in Korea but I know God's behind Goliath. Maybe he is waiting for me to make the move so he can.

- Rant of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment