20 years old. Going through life with the Lord. Struggles and Joys written.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

The State rooms (Buckingham palace)

Guess how many times I've been to Buckingham palace?
6 times.
6 FREAKEN TIMES.

This is my thoughts/feelings towards my experience in going inside Buckingham palace (State rooms). We obviously couldn't take photos, but all I can remember is bright lights and gold. SO much gold. Jess and I both felt quite disgusted afterwards..
I thought I do not ever want to get so super rich and have this much trash everywhere. I was reading about the man who tore down his barns to make it bigger so that he can "eat, drink, and be merry for all the days of his life". But he was a fool and died the night after.
These were most of the negative thoughts playing in my head and also my cynical side really sprung up. I've made a nickname for myself "Cynical Cindy".

But on the OTHER HAND, I imagined myself being in the presence of the Queen... and how I wouldn't care less about it. THEN I thought of being in the presence of Jesus and how beautiful and humbling that would be like.
I also thought about what heaven, the KINGDOM of God would be like. Probably a million times bigger, grander and just unimaginable. The reasons I had these thoughts was because I've never been able to picture what heaven or  being literally in front of JESUS would feel like.... but through Buckingham I felt like I could imagine a very small bit of what the real deal of the kingdom of heaven is like... not the earthly kind.
It was good and bad. Bitter sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment