Not because I get paid more than my minimum wage with food rather than the 2 hours of work I do.
But it's the people which I find the best.
I have to resign from my job very soon.
I know for new doors to open you have to always let go and close the doors you are so familiar with. Sometimes that's such a great feeling to finally move on; but this time I feel great to be opening this new door but at the same time I am feeling really sad to say goodbye.
I just love spending my time with the people there.
Anyway, I've gotten really close to 2 of the residents there. Their names are June and Audrey and they are best friends. Sometimes they can't stand each other and most times they're like 2 peas in a pod. Just the cutest! I think June is 89 and Audrey is 95! Both quite healthy for their age and still going strong. I've lately become very close with Audrey, and I told her that I was leaving for England soon and that I would have to stop working at Parklane. We both got really sad about it and cried.
I hugged her and then I told her about God.
And we had this mean chat which brought more tears to our eyes.
She is currently at cross roads. She doesn't think she can become this "true follower", I've tried to explain it to her many times that all she has to do is accept the Lord into her life, know that she has done wrong in the past and knows that the Lord has saved her. And actually want that true relationship with Jesus. But she keeps thinking that all the hard work her and her husband have put in to achieve; like living at the retirement village, those antiques she has locked away in her cabinets... was all for nothing.. I think she can't let that go. I so so want her to be saved. But that is not something I can control or do anything about.
The funny thing is she kept repeating "Cind, you've put the cat amongst the pigeons", "You're a decptive little thing aren't you!" "I'm 95 years old and I have never ever had this kind of conversation in my whole entire life!". She repeated that about 10 times but I love it.
And we had this mean chat which brought more tears to our eyes.
She is currently at cross roads. She doesn't think she can become this "true follower", I've tried to explain it to her many times that all she has to do is accept the Lord into her life, know that she has done wrong in the past and knows that the Lord has saved her. And actually want that true relationship with Jesus. But she keeps thinking that all the hard work her and her husband have put in to achieve; like living at the retirement village, those antiques she has locked away in her cabinets... was all for nothing.. I think she can't let that go. I so so want her to be saved. But that is not something I can control or do anything about.
The funny thing is she kept repeating "Cind, you've put the cat amongst the pigeons", "You're a decptive little thing aren't you!" "I'm 95 years old and I have never ever had this kind of conversation in my whole entire life!". She repeated that about 10 times but I love it.
The thing is... there is no such thing as coincidence.
There is no COINCIDENCE that I got the job at Parklane.
There is no COINCIDENCE that I am still there after 1 year and 6 months.
There is no COINCIDENCE that out of the 50 residents at the retirement village that come down for their meals I became close to Audrey.
There is no COINCIDENCE at that moment God told me to go see Audrey and then nudged me to speak to her about the Lord.
THERE IS A REASON why you are at your school, uni, work place today working along side the people you are with NOW. God has put people specifically around you and in your path for some REASON. It takes time. And that's what I learnt, it's never this instant connection with people and then somehow they say YES to Jesus and life is all good for them. It takes time, but plant that seed and God will do the rest. Be patient.
Lastly Please please please, pray for Audrey she is very dear to me and I will miss her very much. I hope to see her when I get back from my trip. But if I don't I pray that she will find the truth and accept the Lord into her life.
21/07/2015
No comments:
Post a Comment